Dr. Carol’s* “Happy Feet” Blog….
Today: How and when to buy shoes, and how to trim your toe nails
– Buy shoes that fit and know when a shoe fits! Sounds easy enough, right? But it isn’t always. Shoes are the only part of your wardrobe that can actually cause health problems.
– That’s why you should always shop for shoes at the end of the day or after you exercised. That is the time when your feet are at their biggest.
– Always make sure that there is a half-inch space from the end of the longest toe to the shoe.
– And always, always make sure shoes are comfy the moment you put them on. No shoe will stretch to fit. That’ bad shoe karma.
– Happy Feet come with trimmed toe nails. Only trim them every six to eight weeks. Trim them straight across, not curved. And do not trim them too short.
– Everybody needs exercise – your feet make no exception. Walking barefoot in the sand or in your backyard does help. It gives your feet the ability to move your toes and keep them in alignment
– And try the marble exercise. Pick up 20 marbles a day with your toes. Your feet and your toes will thank you later. “Happy Feet” accomplished once again!
* Carol Frey, M.D is considered one of the top international foot and ankle specialists. She works with Olympic athletes, Division I college players. Dr. Frey is a graduate of Stanford University, where she was a Division I swimmer. She is also a graduate of the University of Southern California (USC) School of Medicine. spokesperson, educator, author and editor. She is one of the leading doctors at the West Coast Center for Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine in Manhattan Beach. In her new “Happy Feet” blog, she is giving advise about shoes, fashion, feet and anything else that might make your life easier and happier.
Write a comment: