Dr. Carol’s* “Happy Feet” Blog….
Today: What kind of shoes should you pick out to keep your feet happy!
– Wear shoes that breathe. Patent leather does not. Choose softr leather shoes that conform to your feet.
– Try to wear your shoes no longer than three hours at a time. Kick them off at your desk or slip on a pair of tennis shoes in the car.
– Leet shoes air out about three days before wearing them again.
– Women should avoid high-heeled, pointy-toed shoes. Choose rounder toes with about 2-inch heels.
– Both women and men should make sure there is at least a quarter-inch of room from the end of the big toe to the shoe. Avoid shoes that are too tight.
– For kids, tennis shoes are often the best choice, because they have plenty of cushion and room for a foot to grow.
– If you tend to have dry feet, soak them in lukewarm water, pat them dry and apply petrolem jelly. If your feet are too hot at the end of the day, the problem could be due to nylon stockings, which hold heat.
– Finally, check into specialized shoes for sports, such as walking shoes and running shoes that feature cushions of air.
* Carol Frey, M.D is considered one of the top international foot and ankle specialists. She works with Olympic athletes, Division I college players. Dr. Frey is a graduate of Stanford University, where she was a Division I swimmer. She is also a graduate of the University of Southern California (USC) School of Medicine. spokesperson, educator, author and editor. She is one of the leading doctors at the West Coast Center for Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine in Manhattan Beach. In her new “Happy Feet” blog, she is giving advise about shoes, fashion, feet and anything else that might make your life easier and happier.
Write a comment: