Dear Team to Win Supporters,
We hope everyone is coping well during these trying times. At the WCSMF, health and safety are practiced everyday by our great staff and essential to our Foundation’s mission.
Out of an abundance of caution, we will be postponing our 17th Annual Wine Tasting and Charity Dinner on May 2nd, 2020. You can still support the work of WCSMF from home by participating in our exciting online auction which will continue as planned opening for bidding on May 1st. We need your help now more than ever!
Our work continues regardless of this health crisis and we rely on the generous support of donors like yourself to serve and uplift our community.
It is an especially tough time for our Team to Win schools, with our athletic trainers displaced during this time from their student athletes, coaches, and school administrators. While our schools have been physically shut down, our programs and free healthcare to our students will be even more helpful and critical when we come out of this. We are grateful to our generous and dedicated supporters, as your ongoing support is needed now more than ever. Stay tuned for updates about our new event date.
To that end, we will be hosting an Online Charity Auction to support Team to Win!
Our online auction will begin on May 1, 2020 at 12:00 noon through May 13, 2020 at 9:00 pm.
We will provide you updates on how you can connect with us and support us to keep our vital programs going.
• We will be honoring our Senior Scholar Athletes with scholarship money this summer before they head off to college.
• We are continuing our summer sports medicine mentoring program for this summer, and will have the dates confirmed shortly.
• We are continuing our free medical care to student athletes.
WHAT WE PROVIDE TEAM TO WIN SCHOOLS:
• 3.6 million dollars in FREE medical care to Team to Win student athletes (last 3 years).
• FREE Sports Medicine Injury Clinic, FREE Concussion/Brain injury clinic.
• FREE on-site certified athletic trainers.
• FREE physician coverage for major sporting events.
• 6-8 college scholarships annually to student athletes showing extraordinary commitment to academics, sports and community.
• FREE Student Sports Medicine Mentoring Program, a year-round medical education program, which includes CPR and First Aid Certification.
2020 New Tax Benefits for Charitable Giving
The Covid-19 CARES Act signed on March 27 provides several provisions designed to encourage charitable giving in 2020. The Act makes a new deduction available for up to $300 of charitable gifts. All taxpayers can derive benefits from making up to $300 of charitable gifts even if you don’t take an itemized deduction. In addition, there is no cap on the amount of charitable deductions you can take as an itemized deduction for 2020, the Act eliminates the percentage limitations on most cash gifts to public charities like the West Coast Sports Medicine Foundation (Tax ID # 95-4497009). Consult your tax advisor to learn about the new Act’s benefits of donating in 2020.