Wrist & Hand Pain can limit your ability to work and exercise. And let’s be honest, who hasn’t felt it before – wrist pain. NO other “instrument” is used more frequently than our wrists. We use them every day of our life. And if they hurt, we are in trouble.
Dr. Keith Feder and his team of physiotherapists and certified trainers use a holistic approach to help you diagnose the underlying cause of your pain. The reason is to deliver a minimally-invasive regenerative treatment, so that we can get you back to your full, active and pain-free lifestyle.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF WRIST AND HAND PAIN?
Anybody who has experienced wrist and hand pain knows that there are many forms of pain in those areas. Often times you may experience stiffness, swelling, joint pain or even a dull ache or a limited range of motion. Those are all symptoms that are being experienced by many of our patients. So you might ask yourself…what do I do next?
At the West Coast Center for Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine we want to make sure that our diagnosis of your wrist and hand pain is accurate. That is why Dr. Feder and his team will perform a series of diagnostic tests in conjunction with establishing a firm medical history and possible cause of injury. You might ask yourself…
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF WRIST AND HAND PAIN?
- CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
- Caused by repetitive overuse the median nerve is compressed in your wrist, resulting in numbness, tingling and weakness.
- TRIGGER FINGER
- Trigger finger is a painful condition that causes one of your fingers to become stuck in a bent position, usually due to inflammation of the nearby tendons.
- One of the most common causes of wrist and hand pain, osteoarthritis is characterized by the loss of cartilage surrounding your joints – resulting in discomfort, swelling and stiffness.
- DE QUERVAIN’S TENOSYNOVITIS
- De Quervain’s tenosynovitis affects the tendons of your wrist. It results in many uncomfortable symptoms, including pain, swelling and difficulty moving your thumb.
- WRIST OR FINGER TENDINITIS
- Tendinitis occurs when the tendons in your wrists or fingers become inflamed, causing pain, tenderness and mild swelling.
- GANGLION CYSTS
- Ganglion cysts are fluid-filled lumps that develop in the hand. In severe cases, they can become painful and interfere with normal function.
THE WEST COAST CENTER FOR ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY AND SPORTS MEDICINE is the place you want to be when your wrists and hands are bothering you.
Our in-house training and therapy facility with experienced trainers and former athletes on deck will provide you with the help you need.
And Dr. Feder’s expertise is known beyond California’s borders and wildly appreciated among professional athletes like Shaquille O’Neal and tennis superstar Roger Federer.