Dr. Feder and the West Coast Center for Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine routinely uses musculoskeletal ultrasound to diagnose and manage a number of ailments and conditions for our patients in Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Using this technique often eliminates the need for an MRI or CT scan.
Some of the Benefits of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
There are several benefits to using musculoskeletal ultrasounds to diagnose and manage your condition.
- We are able to study your bone structures and soft tissues so that we can make accurate evaluations.
- Ultrasound is comfortable for you and many patients appreciate avoiding the uncomfortable and claustrophobic nature of MRIs and scans.
- The images we get from the Ultrasound are live and in real time. This helps us move you quicker to the right treatments.
- When treating you with PRP therapy, bone marrow stem cell therapy or other injections, this helps us ensure the accuracy of our needle placement.
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasounds are usually less expensive than CT scans or MRIs.